Mar 27, 2013

It Takes One Step to Begin: Mount Bromo

"I'm going to conquer one of mighty mountains in Indonesia."

When friend of mine invited me for a trip to Mount Bromo, I was beyond joy to be part of the journey but also confused due to money issue. However, my curiosity (and my childhood dream) defeats all my worries and here I am preparing stuffs needed for the journey. This is my first time to go hiking to see one of most breath-taking scenery in Indonesia therefore best to describe my feeling is by writing down on this memoir, whilst my heart skips a beat every time I'm thinking how's our journey going to be. 

 

No Copyright Infringement Intended. Credit To Wikipedia.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. Source: Wikipedia

I am totally confuse on what to bring and not to bring. After conducting small questionnaire to relatives, so, it's best to bring flannel clothes. Hmm, I make it simple: One-pair of jean and a sweater plus a wind-breaker will accompany me along the Sunrise-trip. Yes, I am going to see sunrise from penanjakan area, see the sun rises from 2,770 m or 9,088 ft above the sea level.

How about the preparation? Despite the cold-weather outfit that will helps me against the cold temperature in Bromo, do not forget to bring a flannel blanket. You read it right, a flannel blanket. Since I am sure, it will be bloody cold (even though it's not as cold as Autumn's weather in Finland) especially when you're taking rest or sleep in the lodging. Unfortunately, for this trip I won't use a special kind hiking-boots so Converse will accompany me for this journey (lame; true hiker would kill me for this sin). However, here's my preparation:
My outfit to defeat the cold temperature.
Above photo shows you my cold-outfit to defeat the frost temperature in Bromo: (From top) mustard beanie; mixed-pattern shawl, a black wind-breaker from GUMMO, a knitted sweater, and a grey jean's (minus the shoes). Well, not the best outfit to go hiking, excuse my shortage preparation.
Daily outfit.
A gingham shirt and jeans. Lovely. This one will color my day through out the journey. It's quite simple, isn't it? Well, you are in a new place, so being modest might helps you adapt with other local people.
Fluffy like marshmallow :3
A wool socks! This one helps me through frost temperature anywhere I've ever been. Thank God for having this as my feet savior. The Gelato Pique socks came from a magazine freebie ._. from a Japanese magazine, and it's been a forever travel companion of mine.
Best partner.
A red-leather Converse. Forgive my decision but I've just had blister on my little fingers and finally I chose this shoe to accompany me. Well, I also bring an official Mountain sandal, so at least true hiker will forgive me for that :P
Amenities.
Inside my travel bag.
 Amenities! One of my favorite amenity is the face moisturizer since I have a worst combination skin. Flash back during my trip to North Europe years ago, all my knuckles were blistered, bleed, and dried. Perfecto. So, cold temperature is not my best friend but funnily I'm a person who can adapt to cold weather. Recently, I have this Urticaria on my left arm and I hope it won't disturb my trip :(

Inside the travel bag there are 2 Shampoos (since one friend requests me to bring more -_- ); liquid bath soap; Cajuput oil from Cap Lang (Best.stomach-ache.relief); Face soap in a travel bottle; Tooth brush; Tooth paste; Moisturizer from Bless (Thank God for this!); Body lotion (this one moist a lot) and a wet tissue.
Total: 2 traveling bags
On March 28th 2013, I'm going to put my first step outside the door to see the breath-taking scenery of Mount Bromo with my own eyes. I hope this gonna be an unforgettable moment and life-quest journey before turning 25 in August. Since life won't turn back again, therefore enjoy your life in the best way you can YOLO :)

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird